Tuesday, May 24, 2011

heartstrings

Yesterday, my baby guitar's D-string broke. I am not amused. Would someone please fix it for me? I was suggested to go online to learn how to string a guitar, we shall see how desperate I am to play.


In other news, I was volunteered to petsit for a friend's dog. The dog's name is Sarah and she is a black chihuahua mix, and I am honestly having mixed feelings about it, because I don't think Sarah likes me very much. I have wanted a pup all my life, and I absolutely adore dogs, but Sarah is different. She seems to always want to bite me, snarling and growling at me with her canine teeth.
-shiver me timbers-

Today I had a dream about an old friend, how strange that of all the people in my life that friend was there. Because of that dream, I decided to call my friend up and we got to go to dinner and catchh up like old times! :D ... and funny thing is that in my dream I really believed that my friend was mad at me and was ignoring me, oh silly imagination.

I HAVE BEEN TYING MY SHOES INCORRECTLY MY WHOLE LIFE!!!


Gosh do I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE TED TALKS

In another TED TALK I learned about creative ways a programmer learned to connect people from all over the world with music projects. Like Wilderness Downtown which is a song by Arcade Fire, and what is special about it is that you can get your own customized music video by typing in your address. It is a really awesome and interactive music video that is played on different windows that pop in and out of your desktop/computer screen..

I also learned about artificial artificial intelligence, through Amazon's Mechanical Turk. I have made 3 dollars so far by accomplishing silly tasks. Through mechanical turk this guy created large artistic projects, like recreating a 100 dollar bill mosaic painting. Where each individual would just copy a square through online painting and then submit it...etc... every square would be completely a different style.

2 Blahs:

ka48309 said...

I use to double knot my running shoes, but now I tie my runningshoes like this, using the quick method though (called an 'ian knot'), and I noticed that it does not come undone. Use youtube and learn the ian knot method, it gets all the chicks.

Kelly said...

Good luck with the guitar. I'm sorry your doggy duty hasn't been very easy. Take care! Greetings from Taiwan!